For Immediate Release
Watershed Condition Statement for Lake Erie Shoreline
Issued on June 19, 2019 at 11:00 AM
Issued by: Peter Dragunas, Water Management Technician
Catfish Creek Conservation Authority
LAKE ERIE SHORELINE, FLOOD OUTLOOK, WATERSHED CONDITIONS STATEMENT.
Effective immediately, the Catfish Creek Conservation Authority (CCCA) is issuing a Watershed Condition Statement for the shoreline of Lake Erie within CCCA’s jurisdictional boundary.
Lake Erie water elevation observed at Port Stanley at 07:00;
- 1.647 m above chart datum (Lake Erie water level 175.15 m),
- wave forecast of 0.5 m building to 1.0 m By Thursday morning.
- Wave uprush may reach the 175.15m elevations along the Port Bruce Provincial Park beach and the harbour areas.
Issued 10:30 AM EDT 19 June 2019
Strong Wind Warning in Effect.
Winds of 20 (37 kph) to 33 (61 kph) knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
- Today Tonight and Thursday. Waves one half metre or less building to one Thursday morning.
- Today Tonight and Thursday. Rain beginning this afternoon and ending Thursday evening. Risk of thunderstorms late this afternoon and tonight.
Residents are asked to closely watch local conditions and take appropriate responsible action, and are urged to use caution and stay away from Lake Erie shoreline areas experiencing strong wave action and elevated water levels. Parents are reminded to keep children and pets away from these areas.
Municipal flood coordinators are asked to monitor road conditions along the lakeshore.
This Watershed Condition Statement is in effect until noon, Friday June 21, 2019.
This is a reminder to be diligent, and watch local weather conditions and to take appropriate action when circumstances require.
CCCA continues to monitor watershed conditions and will issue updates and recommendations when or if necessary. CCCA always recommends taking any necessary precautions.