New Art Contest!
With the cancellation announcement of the 2020 Aylmer Fair, we are pleased to announce the collaboration between the Aylmer Fair Board and the Catfish Creek Conservation Authority in hosting the Art Contest. It is the wish of the CCCA and the board of the Aylmer Fair to keep this partnership going into the future years of the fair.
This year there will be three themes: Agriculture, Fair, and Nature. Any mode of “art” is accepted from visual arts, photography, crafts, quilting, to chalk art! Entry deadline for each theme and all age categories is August 15th, 2020.
To enter the contest, please send a picture of your art piece to Ranger Em at [email protected] or through Springwater Conservation Area Facebook page. If you don’t have an email or Facebook, call Ranger Em at 519-773-9037 and you can discuss another method of entry.
- Only one entry per person
- Open to ALL ages – you will be entered into a certain category based on your age
- If you put in a video submission, the video are to be max of 2 minutes long (TikTok videos are welcome)
- All art must be family-friendly
- By entering this contest, you are consenting to allow the Aylmer Fair and the Catfish Creek Conservation Authority to share pictures of your art (your name however, does NOT need to be included if that’s what you wish)
- 2-5 years old
- 5-9 years old
- 10-13 years old
- 14-19 years old
Information on Themes:
Nature: to be considered for this theme, your art must be nature-based in some way, some examples include (this list is not exhaustive – please get creative!):
- Using pieces of nature in your art (sticks, flowers, etc.)
- Sketching a natural landscape, animal, etc.
- Embroidering or quilting flowers
- A picture or video of nature
Agriculture: what Aylmer and area stand upon is our farming and agricultural sector! Show us your farming or horticulture pride!
- Largest fruit of veggie: send us a photo of your home-grown veggie (pumpkin? Zucchini?) – please include two photos, one of just the veggie and another with a measuring tape in the picture
- Painting of a pasture
Fair: we are just as disappointed as you to not be able to see you at the fair this year, but we know you have many happy memories or creative stories to share – we want to hear or see them! Some examples include (this list is not exhaustive – please get creative!):
- A drawing of your favourite aspect of the Aylmer Fair
- A poem telling of your favourite memory from visiting the Aylmer Fair
- Or send us a video or photo about why you love the fair!
Prize announcement coming soon!