ON June 13, 2019, the Catfish Creek Conservation Authority (CCCA) Board of Directors approved its 2019-2023 Strategic Plan which provides a longer term view of the aims of the CCCA. The plan sets a direction for the CCCA to move forward in a number of key and critical areas.
The 2019-2023 Strategic Plan responds to feedback obtained from watershed residents, stakeholders, municipal partners, and board members. Staff reached out broadly using various meetings and an online survey from which we received over 20 responses.
The consultations demonstrated that what we do is very important for the residents and community we serve, and that the CCCA should:
· leverage our assets to enhance our outdoor services and programs;
· continue our positive working relationship with landowners and government partners;
· look for efficiencies and new ways to generate revenue;
· adapt and be creative in the way we do business;
· exceed customer expectations.
While this plan is responsive to new threats, the CCCA will remain focused on our traditional mandates to both protect people and property from natural hazards and to enhance and protect its conservation lands. Staff must be adaptive to ensure the Authority continues to provide education and watershed health programs. The plan also commits to ensure that the organization remains sustainable.
Click here to view the official document…